· Minutes of 2016 AGM - These have been posted on the blog (SEE ABOVE) in advance so unless amendments are suggested, they could be taken as read.
· Commodore’s Report
· Proposal to adopt changes to constitution.
· Last year the sailing club looked at becoming formally recognised as a "Community Amateur Sports Club" and ultimately decided not to pursue this. However the process identified that some aspects of the club's constitution do not meet what is regarded as “good practice”. It was agreed by the committee that the changes recommended should be included in our constitution and put to the vote. The committee have also made a few other amendments to bring the constitution in line with our own custom and practice, rationalised the numbering and ironed out a couple of anomalies. In practice the new constitution will allow the sailing club to carry on as we always have done but should it need to be scrutinised (for example; as part of a fundraising application) it will be up to scratch.
· The changes have been discussed at great length and were finally approved at committee on 28th January after comments were invited from all members via Gmail and blog. The discussion period lasted over six months. All comments have now been incorporated.
· The final draft, as approved by the committee, was posted on the club website on 29th January.
· Please read through the revised constitution as it is the committee's recommendation to give members a simple yes/no vote to approve it or not, in toto.
· NB only items on the agenda may be discussed at an AGM**
· Vote to adopt changes to constitution
Election of Officials
· Commodore and Committee stand-down, outgoing Secretary to take Chair.
· Election of Commodore - Elected Commodore takes chair
· Election of principal officers – (Vice Commodore, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Secretary)
· Election of Committee.
· Launch of 2017 Sailing Plan
Adjourn for Right Royal Rollick….. Folk are asked to assemble for this at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. See separate notices for details.
** 15b No business (except the passing of accounts and the election of officers, committee and honorary auditor), and any business that the committee may order to be inserted in the notice convening the meeting, shall be discussed at such meeting unless notice thereof be given to the honorary secretary before the 1st February prior to such meeting or at some time as might be agreed by the Committee.